View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
Donogh OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
From Moscow to Rybachiy peninsula

We had done this trip a few years ago, but I thought it will be interesting to read about another russian RR... Sorry for my not perfect English in advance.

We had three weeks of vacation. We went on three motorcycles from Moscow, Russia. Yamaha XTZ660 Tenere, Yamaha TT250Raid and Honda 250 Degree.

As usual, it was a lot of problems before the departure, so we did not get enough sleep.

From left to right: Tanya and her Degree, Ivan with Tenere, some local girl, me and Pavel on his Kawasaki VN400. Pavel planned to go with us, but he could not to go with us. Tanya is one of crazy russian bike girls, she came from Krasnodar to Moscow on her 250 cc bike.

Near a local tyre service. I have pierced my rear tube.

Near Rostov Velikiy stella:

On Rostov`s monastery wall.

We arrived Yaroslavl city. It`s the oil plant as the background. Take a look at the Russian motorcycle licence plate - it have the same size as plates for tractors.

The village Bukhalovo. It means "Drinking of alcoholic beverages" in English. As you can see, some Russians (may be hunters?) first drink, than shoot at road signs.

Some Russians have the business of trading mushrooms or raspberries at a side of a road.

We arrived Vologda city. Inside Wild Winds MC clubhouse:

Our camp in a morning:

It was rainy.

The Kuk`s spring. The water looks like boiling. There was the tradition in ancient times to dip a newborn baby into this spring. If the water stops "boiling", than a child will be dead soon.

Than we met a couple of guys from Saint-Petersburg, they had going to Vologda on their IZH motorcycle.

At the gas station near Onezhskoye lake:

Anoter that day`s meeting - a couple of guys from St. Petersbourg on two BMW F650GS:

Some abandoned wooden buildings near Poshekhonye - Vologda region`s district center.

We arrived Karelia republic, one of Russian regions. In the past, Karelya was the part of the Finland, as I know.

Donogh screwed with this post 10-19-2010 at 03:17 AM
Donogh is offline   Reply With Quote