View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #40
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
I don't blame you, I'm an engineer myself and have no clue what all these parts are there for sticking out of the engine, I'm natuarally curious so I find it fascinating that they are all somehow required :-)
Love my 2010 GS, the sound is great and the workmanshift and look&feel is better than anything I had before and more expensive...
I'm also way to scared to leave the road with it but that's only me, you could spend hundreds of dollars in one afternoon replacing mirrors, signal lights, valve covers...
The new Tenere seems to be a real winner, only the engine seems to be a little lifeless? in the lower gears, I'm not sure why but I read that the Kawasaki Versys with much lower displacement has equal pull in the lower gears...don't worry it will be quick enough.
The R1200GS just won the "Motorrad" Alpen Masters, basically they looked at different motorcycles and the GS won because of the overall package. German motorcycles seem to collect awards in Germany, I'm sure Triumph's win in GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mistake onWheels
Hay Tallguy, my ancestors were Germans too. But they left almost 3 centuries ago. I was looking at a 2011 GSA. It was anything but simple. Hi tech stickin out everywhere. My experience with BMW just wouldn't let me trust it.And imagine dropping a $22,000 machine HARD on rocks. So I ordered the recently available Tenere(I've been lusting after a jap equivalent to the GS for years). To each his own. Are the Suzuki DRs & Kaw KLRs the SAME bike now? I heard they are. My DR400 has had a very rough life.It has never been broken(cracked case once, my fault---it got me home). These jap bikes are bulletproof .Mine have been anyway & were much abused on both road & dirt.
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote