View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #9
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig
Great analysis of the Honda Husky pros and cons!
Having owned both bikes myself I have a slightly different take on them

I've put 15K on my XRR(sold) and 12K on my 08 610(still own).

Technical offroad ability goes to the 610 by a wide margin. The TE610 turns like a dirtbike and has a better suspension. It feels lighter than the XRR, but it isn't.

non-Technical offroad ability goes to the XRR by a small margin. The XRR is super stable. It shines in the dessert. I like stability for non-technical riding as it is less tiring.

Onroad ability goes to the XRR by a small margin. The XRR is smoother and has more power. Note that I have the 08 FI 610, which is very low on power but great on fuel milage. I've ridden Geeks bike(carbed) and the power difference is stunning.

Versatility goes to the 610 by a small margin. It has a large stator output(340W) and has a strong rear subframe. You can run electric gear easily for colder times and put a killer headlight on it. I had 200w on my XRR so I could do the same as well. Plus, the 610 is street legal off the showroom floor.

Maintenance goes to the XRR by a HUGE margin. Kick and Ride and check the valves when you feel like it. In 15K miles of usage I had one bolt back out. I wish I could say the same about the 610.

I think the 610 is a better bike for me since I like technical dualsport riding.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote