View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #10
edstoll OP
OPD-2019

Oddometer: 275
I had planned to take the long way here and catch the ferry across Lake Powell. I thought it would be cool but not $15.00 cool. I was also out of sync on the timing so I would be waiting nearly an hour for it. I decided to take the shorter route across the bridge and was not disappointed.

I stopped for gas at the Hollow Mountain.

I rode on through Glen Canyon, Dixie National Forest, The Grand Staircase and Capitol Reef. All very scenic and fun to ride.

Then I got to Zion National Park. I want to say it is beautiful also and it is but I had issues there. First I have to pay $12 to drive through. Cars are $25. The next thing is the road construction. You are paying money to follow RV's and tourists in cars on a dusty road behind pilot trucks. And that is when you are not stopped waiting for the pilot trucks.

One bright spot through Zion was a walking trail my brother informed me about that you park and walk about 20 minutes to a scenic spot called Canyon Overlook. It is worth the walk. My pictures are very bad because of the late hour I was there.

I finished the construction hampered drive out and was real disappointed in the area after leaving Zion westbound. It is all tourist stuff. I finally got free of that and rode to St George and found a very good place to camp in an RV park there.

It was a long day and a great ride.

edstoll is offline   Reply With Quote