View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
Kodanja OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
It was a bit of a chilly night and one thing I learned (but not the only thing) is to bring a beanie cap to keep your head warm!

We awoke to a beautiful but cool morning. Slowly everyone got up while Kelly started the fire. As a matter of fact, he started every fire....thanks Kelly!

We sat around drinking our coffee and hot chocolate, had some breakfast and started packing up.

See....everyone has a beanie but me!

By the time we were off, it was 10:30a but it had felt good to just take our time with no pressure to rush off.

Kelly and Gary needed to fill their water bags so we'll stop at Poet Creek this morning. 6 miles to go.

Photo by Kelly

Gary and Kelly, the REAL outdoorsmen, filter water out of Poet Creek while I made sure they did it correctly

Photo by Becky

Poet Creek, by the way, was very nice and I would recommend this campground over Granite Springs. It's lower in elevation, a bit off the main rode, the creek sounds nice, there are picnic tables and pit toilet.

So, we made it to the Burnt Knob turnoff

Doesn't really look toooooo bad....

There was no way Becky was going up that by herself and I couldn't believe it when she went 2UP with Kelly

Get ready, get set, GO!

And up they went

Gary followed and I started up the road and stopped to take a picture of easy part (I know....nothing new to you seasoned rock climbers, but this would be the most technical terrain I've been on!)

Focus, concentrate, up on the pegs, use your legs, relax.....Aaaagh!
Kodanja is offline   Reply With Quote