View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Vrakas OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
6th of August.
Got up early, had a coffee, thanked our friend and back we go to the Nicosia border crossing section with no need of an insurance, since we bought one the day before (€20) for one month and is ONLY valid in the Northern section and NOWHERE else. Stamped again for entry and continue to Kerynia.
Photo from the small port of Kerynia.

We find the ship agency at 8.30, checked the passports and saw that my friends is expired but "there is no problem, show the ID", they said. So we go to the ship as instructed only to find that we must wait for 3 hours in the sun, not even an umbrella is available.

The ship leaves at 12pm and after 8 hours we arrive at Tasucu port in Turkey.

Here comes the fun part.

We go through various sections that there not in any order but you ask and keep going back and forward like a yo yo until we hit the jackpot, "Problem" he said, "expired passport". We showed the ID, as they told us, but the answer is no, only passport is accepted and nothing else.

After 3 hours we are left for last without getting anywhere so to make a long story short, the decision was my friend has to leave, but, as there is no ferry back to Cyprus, he has to leave the bike there and return with a passenger ship and they will send the bike on Sunday midnight with the agency to Cyprus.
I on the other hand had to leave my friend, the port area, enter Turkey with my bike and this was something they insisted on.
Not accepted by him but not much he could do about it, i stated that i will not leave the port and my friend behind but we go together. That was it, they were surprised that i was willing to go in to custody all night and not leave without him.

Here we are together chatting, programming with a "complimentary" sleep-over in Turkey under custody, waiting to depart Turkey and go back to Cyprus without our bikes and to return later, some way, with the question on coming back ...
to collect the bikes and leave again with the next ferry?
or
to collect them and continue our trip?

Vrakas screwed with this post 09-14-2010 at 09:58 AM
Vrakas is offline   Reply With Quote