View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
Vrakas OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
9th of August Monday early in the morning, Y's other brother takes us to Nicosia near the border where our friend George comes to our rescue again.
He comes to the meeting point on his bike, takes my friend to the Nicosia government office to be first there while i wait with our bags.
Around 8 o'clock i get the phone call that all is ok so we get moving by calling the Taxi driver that brought us there to now take us to Kerynia port.
We arrive, get a ticket for the fast bus, as they call it, 10.30 am we sail and 2 hours later we are in Tasucu again.
Coming off the ship one of the guys there saw me an shouted "Welcome", we had a handshake and asked if Yiannis and his passport is ok and i replied "Yes", then my friend came and shake hands with him and the same again he got a warm Welcome!
He then ordered one of the police from there to take us and get all our paperwork done without us having to wait in line and i must say we did not expect this kind of a treatment.
Time to get our bikes if they were still there that is.
We go through customs office and the guy there tells us your insurance (northern Cyprus) does not cover you here and need to make another.
We get a taxi to the commercial port, walked in 38 Celcious for 1.2 Kms and finally we can see our bikes, what a relief!
We took a closer look and find that they were un-touched and were as we had left them, i even left my helmet on the bike.
Back to the other port were there is a coffee shop that makes sandwiches with fish, yes with fish.

Fish sandwich anyone?

Vrakas is offline   Reply With Quote