View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
Kodanja OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
The mile and a half up the rocky incline to the lookout was challenging but not threatening. There were hundreds of small and large fixed boulders to maneuver around and a few ruts and washouts to keep out of. Kelly and Becky got to the top in time to take a few photos of Gary and I navigating up the 4WD road.

Gary at ease

And me? Not too bad.

Made It! Notice anything wrong with my bike?

I lost one of my PIAA 510 lamps...screws vibrated loose along the way and finally fell out...broken glass somewhere down the grade I imagine. Check those screws!

A fun climb and beautiful area with shear vertical granite cliffs and lakes below.

Now, let's look around Burnt Knob. The lookout was abandoned, but still in pretty good shape.

It rests precariously on stacked rock foundations

The lakes below. Although the timber had been burnt, it was still beautiful.

I felt good when Kelly praised me for getting the GS up here, but kudos to him for doing it 2UP!

The 950 in its realm.

And a poseur shot....yeh it's all about the bike

Kelly and Becky headed back down, Gary followed and I brought up the rear.

A parting shot on the way down.

Well look what Gary found! Thanks Gary

The lamp was still in tact but had cracked.
It still worked

By the time we finished our exploration of Burnt Knob and made it back down, the temps had warmed up. I surprised Kelly when he caught me taking this photo of him changing his shirt.

It was around 1:00pm so we just had snacks for lunch before headed further in the Corridor. Next stop Dry Saddle.
Kodanja is offline   Reply With Quote