View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #15
markbvt OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,674
Day 6: Thursday, 2 September 2010

Jason and I roused ourselves and headed over to the B&B to meet Roman and Martin for breakfast, then we all set off down the remaining stretch of gravel to Red Bay.

There was a lot more of the loose, sketchy gravel to contend with; I spent a lot of time riding tracks on the wrong side of the road, or packed areas left by graders on the side of the road. But we soon made it to the end of the gravel.

Martin kissed his bike...

...while Roman was very happy to see the pavement.

I made Jason take a picture of me to prove I'm not imaginary.

Red Bay.

The labradirt is going to take a while to clean off my jacket...

...and my bags.

From Red Bay it was an easy pavement ride to Blanc-Sablon, where we got in line for the ferry. The guys from Maine whom we'd met at Tim Horton's in Happy Valley got there shortly before us.

Did I mention labradirt gets everywhere?

Soon Marty (lakota) and Jack pulled up as well.

Departing Blanc-Sablon.

Martin on board.

As we neared Newfoundland, we spotted a whale breaching repeatedly off the port bow. Martin, who was pissed at still not having seen a moose, excitedly yelled out, "Fuck you, moose!"

Upon disembarking in St Barbe, Newfoundland, we gassed up, then said our goodbyes to Martin, who was going to ride up to L'Anse aux Meadows that evening because he needed to make the haul down to the ferry in Port-aux-Basques the following day so he could meet his wife in Sydney. Jason, Roman, and I, meanwhile, had more time, and preferred to set up camp while the sun was still up, so we rode a short distance north and ventured out a gravel road heading towards the beach. We found a nice spot to camp in what was apparently a quarry.

Stats for the day:

Track for the day:

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote