View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
Gramp-Z OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
Couple volcanos , stonehenge and some peg scraping

Had planned to do this ride last year , but instead Flying Eyeball and I took RTW Doug up to Sunrise on Mt Rainier . Then had a fork seal let go , so canceled it then . I have had my new to me 08' Weestrom a couple of months now and wanted to see how my old body and it worked on a little longer ride than I usually have time for . First off , here is a picture of her loaded and ready to go .

I took off around 8:30 and headed out Hwy 169 to Enumclaw where I turned on to Hwy 410 . I always stop off at the Greenwater store for a drink and snack .

Then up past Crystal Ski Resort and took Hwy 123 down to Hwy 12 on into Randle . Just a few pics of Rainier along the way .

As I turn on to 131 (FS 25) , I'm kind of wound up . Been looking forward to this road for a while .

I have no idea how long it will take me to get down to the Columbia River . These roads are twisting turning and a lot of fun . This route takes you near the east and south side of Mt St Helens . Miles and miles of fun turns , with plenty of rough sections . Glad I'm on my WeeStrom , my Sabre would have bottomed on many of the bad spots . Speaking of SPOT , guess I didn't hold down the OK button long enough to trigger the tracking , GRRRR .

Gramp-Z screwed with this post 12-05-2010 at 10:29 AM Reason: reload pictures
Gramp-Z is offline   Reply With Quote