View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
Gramp-Z OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 797
Pardon my crappy presentation for the next two videos . Turn the sound off or real low .

Couldn't ask for better weather , mostly clear . As I'm having a blast riding along the almost rain forest like deep woods , thoughts of work etc just melt away . Helmet time is just good for me . Not too much traffic , and several cars pull over to let me by ! Life is good . Anyway , kept riding along FS 25 then turned onto Wind River Road and rode that down to Hwy 14 . Stopped at a view point for St Helens and talked to several riders . Couple of pirates , drinking a cold one . And a guy on his Wee with his daughter with him . No pictures , sorry . As I am getting closer to the Columbia , I am getting a little wore down . More or less 130 miles of twisties ! Last few miles I got passed by some sport bikes and a V Strom . Met up with them when we hit 14 . Guys were on a several day ride them selves . We got caught at construction zones several times , wait for pilot car etc. Starting to get warm along the river . Started this ride in leather gloves at 56 degrees , switched to winter gloves up near Rainier . Would guess around 40 . Nice ride along the river , relaxing to be able to make some miles on gentle sweepers . Next spot for a quick picture is at Maryhill , Stonehenge . A little down the road had to stop and get a shot of a buffalo on a high rock , then Mc Narey Dam .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryhill_Stonehenge

I forgot to mention that the ride from Maple Valley down to the Columbia took almost 6 hours . If I want to get to the Blue Mountains today , going to have to pick up the pace !

Gramp-Z screwed with this post 06-17-2012 at 09:13 AM Reason: fixed out of date verbage
Gramp-Z is offline   Reply With Quote