View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #44
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,639
Today was sanding day......... Even though you use release agent on the foam...... It still sticks. That is mostly in part to the contours. If you did not use it.... The resin would penetrate by far deeper.
Fairing was cut to it`s rough dimensions....... Then sanded front and back. You don`t have to sand the front.... But from a design point, I find it better to design....ie. cut...reform.... the CF pieces when they don`t stare you straight in your face with the extreme glossy surface. The inside had to go..... Looked like.....styropoxyfiber...... Here it is before the trimming.....
I know ...I know.... Way big.......

The fit came out awesome.... The bottom brackets line up great.... And I just need to make 1/4 inch spacers ( Like I did on the skid plate mounts) on the other 4 holes..... That represent the void created by the foam removal...

All in all.... even though it`s a bit bigger than I`d hoped.....( no way around it due to my redesigned cockpit layout with the gps) I am now leaning towards using the stock shield. I personally really like that design, and with the fairing giving it a head start in height.... I think they will comment each other nicely.......

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote