View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #24
markbvt OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,674
Epilogue

Friday morning Jason and I mulled over options for getting home. The V-Strom was fine except for a few scratches and a broken clutch lever -- but there was no shop around that had a replacement clutch lever. Besides, I wouldn't be able to ride it. So we eventually decided to rent a U-Haul; conveniently, there was a rental place across the street from the motel. I picked a great spot to crash.

We made it home Friday evening, a small army of friends was mobilized to help unload the bikes, and my friend Jesse dropped off the U-Haul for me while Jason rode his bike home.

Having both hands splinted is inconvenient, but I've got decent mobility in my fingers, and the left splint is removable for bathing/etc. So I'm getting by fine, was back at work on Monday, and can type and mouse okay. Mostly I'm just pissed I'm missing the best part of the riding season. If anyone with a hack feels like giving me a ride...

Thanks to Jason for being such a good sport when things departed so radically from our plan, and to the doctors and nurses at Maine Coast Memorial Hospital for patching me up. And to my friends for helping out when Jason and I got home Friday night. And to Roman and Martin for being such good company before they split off. Regardless of the way it ended, it was an awesome trip.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote