View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
Gramp-Z OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 782
Have to admit that the little 650 does better than I thought . Corners better than I thought and mileage is pretty good so far . As I ride along the Columbia , the temp is going up pretty quick . First ride on some scorpion "duce" mesh pants , think I'm going to like them . I ride 14 to 395 , then up to Kennewick , right on 12 to 124/12 over to Dayton . It is a little later than I had hoped for as I ride up to Tucannon Rd. . 19 miles to The Last Resort KOA in the dark . Its a narrow winding road . I like the headlights , lit up some deer in plenty of time to stop 30' short of the pair . I try and never ride after dark , but what else are you going to do ? Pulled in a little after 8PM , the lady was just locking up . She told me where to go , er , put my tent up . Said she would settle up with me in the morning , gave me a bathroom key and wifi access code and left . Didn't have the "lay of the land' , Couldn't find my LED headlamp , so put the tent up pretty much in the dark . Didn't want to piss off any other campers with the headlight . Didn't sleep to well , old joints didn't like my old colman self inflating pad . In the morning , before first light I went and showered . Several deer were wandering around the campground , but I wasn't fast enough on the camera . I did manage to snag a few pictures of the turkeys as they scooped up some gravel .

Sorry for the blurry pic of bike and tent . I am very marginal with a camera and computers . Overall this is a nice campground , right next to the tent is a tiny creek that made some quiet sounds , and you can hear the river a little ways away . In the morning I found there were only 2 other campsites taken , they were scouting for the upcoming hunting season .

Gramp-Z screwed with this post 12-05-2010 at 10:19 AM Reason: reload pictures
Gramp-Z is offline   Reply With Quote