View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #12
Alcan Rider OP
Frozen Fossil

Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbee40
makes Jack a dull boy! Evidently he ain't had much work!
Go wash your mouth out! That 4-letter "W" word is verboten in Ride Reports.

Quote:
Great pix! Looking forward to riding with you in the future!
Thank you. Likewise, but you have to be willing to stop frequently for more photos.

Quote:
What camera are you using for the majority of the photos? Can't be a crappy point-n-shoot...can it???
Not a crappy point-n-shoot... a rather capable point-n-shoot for most of them. The early ones were shot with an Olympus D450 with an "enormous" 1.3MP capability. Then I upgraded to a Sony H1 for the majority of what I have posted here. This year I have been using a Nikon Coolpix P90.

While it would be nice to have and use a really good DSLR with interchangeable lenses, I haven't seen the need for that yet. These new digitals have so much built-in capability that I'll probably never use it all. With my 35mm SLR's I used to pack close to 30 lbs of camera and lenses. A single digital point-n-shoot does more than all those wide angle and telephotos, weighs less than 2 lbs, and can be put into action much quicker as I don't have to mess with focus or exposure settings.
Haul Road Primer
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote