View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #11
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKON
Hi Ian,and warm greetings from sunny UK
Just like to say well done! I,and Im sure a whole raft of other ukgs`ers,would be very keen to take one of your new mirage 2 fairings off your hands,once the final product is ready! (Assuming a keen pricing level of course!!) The outrageous prices, usually woeful fitting instructions,and often dubious quality of Touratch items, have convinced myself and Im sure many others to wait for an alternative Desierto3 type screen to arrive on the market,at a more realistic price level.To this end,perhaps you would consider posting the results of your testing,and where and how to purchase,on the UKGSer forum?
Oh,and I would be happy to put my 800 forward as a UK test mule,since as you must be well aware,we are blessed with a singular set of weather patterns!!
Thanks and good luck,
SKON
What do you mean "sunny UK !". I lived there in the SW (Yeovil, Som) for the first 40 years of my life and it rained every bank holiday !!

Anyway, I have been thinking how best to tackle UK (and European) orders and whether to go through a third party (like Nippys) . At the moment, our Lynx fairings are sold direct by us to Europe, but there is no doubt that a small company like ours does loose sales volume by not being represented in the market that we are serving, whereas everyone knows TT in the BMW world.
One of the things that has worked well for us over here, is to offer a rebate of up to 20% to guy's who do informative write ups and post on various sites. When we did this at first, we were concerned that this would be like
" buying votes", but it really has worked very well, with guys being both accurate and honest about what they liked about the particular model of fairing and I'm pleased to say we very rarely get any negative comments.

So, we will certainly look at doing this on the first ones out. Of course, you guys have VAT to contend with as well. Not sure how that is collected on direct sales from here.

Anyway, I plan to be back in Yeovil to catch up with my folks this fall, so I might bring one or two with me !

Cheers Ian