Old 09-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
Kodanja OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Here is a map of my route for the day.

View Larger Map

Continuing down South Fork Road along the South fork of the Payette

Old Country Homestead & Barn

Hit the pavement at the Banks Lowman Road through Garden Valley to the junction at Hwy55.

A Rocky Cliff along the South Fork of the Payette

This is the bridge crossing the Payette River at the confluence of the Main and South Fork.

If your on Hwy55, you don't get to see the Banks Cafe from the river side, so I stopped for a quick pic of the "back side" of the Banks Cafe/Store before heading up Banks Grade. This is popular "put-in" area to float the River to Horseshoe Bend.

Near the top of Banks grade looking south along the Payette River and Hwy55.

Here is the same view I took a couple years ago during the spring.

I break out of the tree line on Cruick Shank Road and back down to the foothills.

The sun was getting lower and really brought out the golden colors of the dry grass and road.

A bit of the road section that I came down.

Load 'em up!

The scenery out here is fabulous, even in the early fall. This is looking north from Brownlee Road.

Riding into the sun along the Brownlee Loop Road. That's Squaw Butte towards Emmett in the background. Brownlee Loop Road would take me back southeast to Gardena where I connected with Hwy55 back to Boise.

I ended the day after the sun had set and I pulled in my driveway with a big satisfied grin on my face. 6 hours of riding is all it took to fill my passion, yet I'm still ready for more!

Thanks for reading.
Kodanja is offline   Reply With Quote