View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #37
Pointman0853
Unregistered Gun Owner

Oddometer: 1,385
One tank two tanks...$$$

Are you saying it is less expensive to build two tanks, or one large one? I'd think there may be more appeal for the two tanks as some folks may only want one if they are running a single exhaust.

My thoughts are two tanks would offer more flexibility to convert back to running bags, etc when max fuel capacity is not needed.

My .02, but I am interested in the project and possible purchase either way.

Pointman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete640
Thanks - not much to look at atm, but they'll be butterfly pretty shortly.
Ive been speaking to a couple of friend laminate/design engineers recently and have come to the decision to make the 2 tanks into one that'll utilise the under seat storage space. Mounting will require removing the top subframe mounts and pivoting it down to slip the tank unit into place - custom under seat/rear taillight set up required. As my main design requirement was max capacity (= range) this will give me approx 6 lt of extra capacity without any drawbacks. There will still be under seat storage, but not as much - and abs is out. As it will be one unit it'll only need one filler (rhs which is higher when on the sidestand) and one petcock/dry break/fuel tap. All told it'll hold approx 22lt if my mathing is goodest??? Once Ive got it fitted and trialled It'll be moulded and possibly offered to the greater good if there is enough interest. If its a dog then I'll go back to the original 2 tank idea - but I cant see that happening any time soon. (unless someone has mucho $$$$$)

Pete
IBA #5
CarsonTahoeAdventureMoto.com
Pointman0853 is offline   Reply With Quote