View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #13
timk519 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,303
Ottawa ON - Canada Parliament Building - Wandering the Hallways

2009-06-12.3 Ottawa ON - Canada Parliament Building - Wandering the Hallways

Having paid our respects at the Memorial Chamber, we started our patrol of the remainder of the Parliament buildings. The central area just inside the front entrance is the Rotunda:

The Hall of Honor houses a diverse group of sculptures and plaques and pays tribute to the people and events of Canada's past:

At the bottom floor we found a room that told the tale of the legislature's history:

Including a ballot box that was once used in Parliament:

Agent SAM Makes Mischief!
One of the lamps that illuminate the various columns in the Rotunda had a camera mounted on top. Being the kind of spy I am, I thought it'd be fun to take a picture of a camera taking a picture of a camera, much to the dismay of Agent Tango. This little maneuver drew the attention of the local security guard who wanted to know why I was interested in imaging that camera. Deleting the picture made both Tango and the security guard happy - and kept my cover from being blown.

What makes this amusing is the wide variety of locations where one can take pictures of this rather obvious security device. It's so obvious, I wonder if it's even hooked up!