View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 07:04 PM   #9
Kodanja OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3hoop
Your pictures are great! Have you processed them to enhance the colors?

These two are front page material:
Thanks! No post processing on these two. I used an 81a warming filter and had to stack 2 graduated ND filters above the horizon to maintain good exposure on the grass and road. Then I bracketed the shots -1/3, -2/3 and +1/3 stop and selected the best one. The "Golden Hour" really helped too! The rocks in the second photo came out a bit dark and I did adjust the shadows here. I trusted my VR lens, so these were hand held. I find that "processing" in the camera first, really helps.

However, I generally do some post processing on most of my photos (most the other photos in this report were processed a bit, but not to the point of making them look unnatural.) A slight bit of saturation and brightening the image helps make them pop.

I usually carry my camera in my tank bag so I can just pull over and take a shot while sitting on the bike, but I left the tankbag at home to force myself to get off the bike in order to compose a better shot. I believe good composition is 75% of a successful photo. Took a lot more time though.

Thanks for commenting
Kodanja is offline   Reply With Quote