ORGS build up
View Single Post
09-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
I saw this R100RT monolever arm up for sale so I figured I'd see what could be done with it.
Here are a few shots that compare the parlever arm to the monolever.
The GS wheel fitted to the monolever arm. There's about a 20 mm gap betwen the hub and the final drive.
I did some measurements to get an idea of wheel travel limits with the monolever arm. In both the topped-out and bottomed-out case the limiting factor was the u-joint rubbing on the inside of the swingarm.
To get the drive shaft out of the swingarm I made up this spring compressor. The threaded parts extra long so it will work with longer swingarms.
Here's the compressor in action.
The u-joint was going bad so I'll need to replace it. I pressed the bearing caps out with this press, but I think just the screw of a bench vise would give enough force.
Once the bearing cap was pressed out as much as it could be I grabbed the end of it with a bench vise and hammered the yoke off it.
The disassembled arm and shaft.
I did this mock-up to see where things could go.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by x3300