Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

Oddometer: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei
anddddd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks
+1. Get working you slack bum. Get your pipe and slippers ready for a 'rapa loop sometime soon
Mark, I thought you were going up to the 'Naki to talk to Triboy & Phreaky Phil about the TAT?

Still waiting on the light & conversion holder from the US. They left the US a week ago (LA & NYC) & seem to have gone missing. I have got the Hella semi sealed H4 insert ready to go in the light. Hella 1058HD.

Got an e-mail Friday night to say the shock has arrived at CKTechnical, so expect that Tuesday.

Got the brakes working properly yesterday. The caliper pistons were sticking, which meant the pads were dragging (a lot) on the disc when the brake was released. Pulled the caliper apart, cleaned it, & reassembled. Used a small air compressor to almost pop out one piston at a time (clamped the other three, so that only one I wanted to work on could move), then split the caliper & cleaned up each pot indvidually. Used the right caliper as parts supply for a dust seal, & one piston (I was too rough removing the first piston). Dust seals were / are a little twisted, and I might look for a rebuild kit at some stage, but they are working okay now. BTW don't let the air push the pistons all of the way out. They go off with a bang, and richocet around in the caliper. Thats why one dust seal needed replacement.

Dropped some new pads in as well. These are Premier pads PH53 (HH) Sintered. Equivalent to EBC FA158HH

Originally had the brake line following the original route inside the fork legs. Took the opportunity to route them outside the leg when I thought about what line flex could do.....(eh GuzziTony)

Note that the Advrider site thread re brake conversion is wrong re the 4 pot Tokico caliper I have. It indicates caliper piston sizes at 30mm & 27 mm, ie smaller than the Nissin, which is 34mm & 30 mm. That would mean that these don't work with the 13 mm GS mastercylinder. However in fact they are 34mm & 30mm, just the same as the Nissins. Had me worried for a bit there when I re-read that thread. I'll drop a correction on that thread.

It's just better when there's twins involved....

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 09-25-2010 at 11:51 PM
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote