View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #101
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbikejohn
Not good. Sounds interesting the sleeping rough! Ref the bike - I'm sure there will be people to help with the stripdown if you ask for help. Where you based? Got the support package sorted?
Hi RBJ - I'm not so worried at the moment, like you say, there are ways to get this sort of thing sorted, and I still have plenty of time.

The real pisser is the fact that I'd have liked to have got the bike built and tested with the new mods, and all the spares etc packed and ready to ship in good time, and at my own pace - of course other people can help with the strip down of the spare bike, but the building of the race bike (especially the wiring) is important that I do myself, as I need to know exactly what's what, should anything fail out on a stage...

I'll be with Desert Rose Racing (Patsy Quick & Co) for my Dakar support - the same team I used for Heroes-Legend last year, and the Tunisie world championship round earlier this year... only problem is, I live about 300 miles away from them at the moment!

As for sleeping rough - you wouldn't believe it!

Yep, we ended up sleeping (well, trying to sleep) in the very hole I fell down and bust my foot!

The worst thing was, I wasn't even on my bike at the time!

Toot toot for now!

Jenny xx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote