View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #55
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis P Monaco

It's also great that you could mention seeing a random person walking on a road that fits the definition of "the middle of nowhere" and a forum can not only guess correctly who it was, but mention his job. That is pretty tremendous.
Glad I could help out, I've been around a little And jd is right, there's not a whole lot of people up in the Tiaga out running around other than QH workers. Fun to travel and meet people from these places

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks
what a great post!

an SUV or pickup would work better on those big gravel roads.
One wild man at the end of the TT had taken a Honda Element or Toyota Pirus in a body wrap all the way out there

across the north there are few roads and few people. to see someone walking on a bush road far from any known shelter was unusual enough for me to make a note, and then later include in my report. to have throttlemeister come along and identify this guy for me a year after seeing him, now that is bizarre. Glad I could identify and let you know what he was up too I really enjoy talking with these kind of people

here's a photo from the dempster to tempt you into a little trip planning...

There is something extra special about the Dempster, crossing the divide a few times with the elevation is awesome, but it doesn't have all those damn dams

Small world...