View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
el guapo nada OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
The CX500 "Sundays 'round the Gorge" files

This weekend I hooked up with inmate Apple Jam, who grew up in The Dalles and we went on a little ride together. (sorry for the late posting A.J., I ran into "technical difficulties" of the sort we talked about) A.J is a wealth of knowledge on the local history, and I learned alot on our trip, he's also a heck of nice guy. Thanks for everything A.J.!

I have taken the liberty of mapping out the route we took (still within the 50 mile diameter), and since I will probably have more Sunday rides like this, I have not given it a clever name, just a date. May I present:

We met here, and decided a general direction to go.

on top of the ridge

Mt Hood was engulfed in a front, which we would skirt, getting a little rain, and some brief hail

the 1st run down shack

the 2nd run down shack - about 50 yds off the road, A.J. knew where it was..

nice find Apple!

pretty soon the forest changed to this:

this view was incredible, the pic does no justice

my improvised wheel weights

Fret Creek

Jordan Creek Valley

Lunch Time...I had brought some left-over Chinese...A.J. wasn't letting that happen...he threw down!

Frickin' YUMMMM!!!!!

probably my favorite pic from this trip

Badger Creek

Bonney Crossing Campground

Fuel stop...Non-Ehtanol,Thank You! This is where Apple Jam gave me a sip of the Orange kool-aid. MMMMmmmm....

Brrrrrrr

In front of the Forest Service building in Dufur, where Apple Jam and I said our goodbyes....I hope this is the first of many rides with him.....Thanks again A.J!

Thanks for joining, there will be more to come....check out the adventures with my CX thus far: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622137