View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,471
Talking Hid install .....With pictures......

I know that there are other threads covering this install...... But none of them covers any before and after pictures....... So I thought I`d post a new thread. I also decided on a little different mounting than most decide to do. I looked at it once.....and......ehhh.... yep..... one.....must.....make......a....carbon fiber....bracket....... Really..... Most people elects to put the ballasts on the middle bracket behind the brake line..... I wanted to illustrate a different way to make a composite bracket. Most of the composites I make....is on the outside......, but this stuff ,can be used in many applications. This one took a total of 30 minutes to make. I wanted the ballasts up in the front behind the fairing.......And first had to make a bracket that would serve as a mold for the composite.....

Then cover it with aluminum foil so the epoxy won`t stick.......

I used 4 layers of 5.7 oz. 2x2 twill carbon fiber......max-clr hp epoxy....... Done and installed the ballasts.........

I will route the wires in the morning........and post back tomorrow night....with the after pictures. The HID`s are H7`s from 1off motorsports..... I used m4 ss hardware....and 3 threaded 3/4 inch collars...to create a 6mm space between the ballasts for cooling purposes. I called and asked 1off motorsports....they said that I could mount them on top of each other.....but just to be safe......Until then.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote