View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_BIKER_KEITH
I installed one of their HIDs as a replacement for the low beam... Awesome bright lite! I see you are installing two... so are you also replacing the high beam with HID, or are you going to totally blow us away and somehow intall them on those new CF handguards?

Inquiring minds.... O)
Hi-Hi..... Evil genius at work..........Nahhh.... In the future....there will be a set of high power led blinkers in the guards.......... The other is for the high beam. Not the norm..... But here in the desert southwest.... when I ride at night..... I do use the high quite often...... Whereas if you live in La....perhaps not. Like in many car applications, where only the low beams are hid`s.....when you flick on the highs.... It`s a very disappointing result. Lots of people states that it does not work for flashing...... But in all practicality.... After the arc has been struck once while riding...... It flicks on very fact.... every bit as fast as it`s halogens counterpart. So I opted for the dual setup. Another thing...... The 1off motorsports setup strikes the arc at a full 55watt, so not to create any issues with the canbus..... When it stabilizes..... It lowers to 35 watt.... The latter I confirmed with a amp meter.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote