View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #63
njoytheride
NJOYN' THE JOURNEY

Oddometer: 832
arky heads west

I had promised myself a good long ride if at all possible. been a long couple of years. The F800GS was my bike of choice. It met all my needs quite well.

Storm clouds pass the night before departure.

[/IMG]

My Grandma used to live in Taos, I went through town just to reminisce on days past. The town sure has grown. Couldn't wait to see the Rio Grande river bridge. what a view.

[IMG][/IMG]

After a great ride through New Mexico I hit the Colorado state line. Notice how packed the bike is ? I always over pack. hate to get caught needing something.

[IMG][/IMG]

The view coming up Wolfcreek Pass.

[IMG][/IMG]

Since I was by myself I told myself (like i've ever listened before) that I would not take any roads that could get me in trouble.. That said, I couldn't resist FS 520 out of Creed. It looked good on the map and head me in the right direction.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'll say it even though it's been said before. It's steeper then it looks. Remember all the extra gear loaded on the bike ?

[IMG][/IMG]

DOH!. My first thought was... my chain lube is in the other case. it would have been a great chance to lube the chain.
I took off the camping gear bag, carried it to the top of the hill, stood the beast up and tried again.

[IMG][/IMG]

Everything is back on and ready to ride..

[IMG][/IMG]

The aspens were just starting to change.

[IMG][/IMG]

Stoney Pass. FS 520 is was an awesome road. there is one water crossing that came up to my panniers. The rest of the road into silverton was great.

[IMG][/IMG]

Sunset from the motel. My feet were wet from the water crossing so I decided to regroup in a motel. This was the third night on the road. should sleep well tonight. More to come later <>< Njoytheride
njoytheride is offline   Reply With Quote