Old 10-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #41
Donogh OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
IRideASlowBike, пожалуйста

Steve Br, thanks

AZ_ADV_RIDER
, спасибо

Taurkon, no, you don`t need to have a Russian accompanying you, it`s not China, fortunately But it`s possible to find such one, may be Yes, it`s possible to do so without speaking Russian. There are people, that don`t speak English in the country, but there is the sign language still. There are military check-stops only in close-to-border areas, but now foreigners possible to go, as my friends from Murmansk said me.

But there is one problem. Russian biker were killed in 2009 near Novosibirsk. He slept in his tent, and someone shot him from a home-made rifle and took his 10000 Russian roubles (about 300 US dollars).

Another biker, his name is Alexey Barsukov, were killed this year. He gone from his home in Nizhniy Novgorod to Vladivostok. When he returned back home, he was killed near Mogocha in Zabaikalsky region in Siberia. The killers are local guys as it`s clear now. They are the owners of a cafe and a tyre repair service near the highway (if it`s possible to use such word for the road in Mogocha). They take money of Alexey, and burnt his body three days to hide traces from police. But police officers did not do anything before Alexey`s friends took the investigation in their hands.

Don`t think that I want to scare you. It`s the real problem. Many people in Russia do not have any job in places far away from big cities, so they become burglars and killers. So you need to stop in hotels. If you sleep in your tent, be sure, than no one saw the point where you turn off the road.

Alexey`s friends made the site about this incident. It`s in Russian, but there is Google translator, if you need... Here is the URL: http://scutt-ubit.ru/

Donogh screwed with this post 10-19-2010 at 08:00 AM
Donogh is offline   Reply With Quote