I got the tank back from paint...it turned out great! A huge thanks to Jenssen and Eric for all the hard work.
Once I got my valve adjust
completed (was waiting on one shim) I got the motor back together, airbox, battery etc. The tank install went pretty well. The quality of the product is great but the instructions left me scratching my head several times. The english translation is barely tolerable at times and the small and grainy photos left me cursing. I managed to get it all installed (with a ton of fasteners left over
I'm running out of prep time for the trip so I didn't snap a ton of assembly photos. While I was in the garage I installed some HID headlights, re-installed the StarCom 1 and wired in a couple USB outlets, one cigarette lighter plug and 2 SAEs. The re-vamped pannier racks went on (well). I swapped the fork oil to 5wt (from 10wt).
The first ride with the new tank (full) was surprisingly pleasant. I was expecting to really feel the extra weight but it doesn't feel bad at all. Others with this tank have stated it felt more stable and planted with the extra weight and I have to agree. An added bonus of the tank is that it seems to have blocked some wind too.