View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #37
5hortbus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Add the IMS 7.0 to the Tanker Brace Fitment Chart!

Hodakaguy,
As stated before with all other tanks, install was a breeze!
I may be a terrible rider, but I'm almost as bad as a mechanic.

I had a smoky experience with my IMS recently which made me pull the trigger on the Tanker. Although it may look like an actual hole, it is not. More of a blister or canker sore (for the promiscuous in the group)

Note where the previous owner had "cleaned" the header. Although the angle of the photo doesn't show it, there's an easy inch or more of space now between the header and tank, and I can't move the tank back and forth as I could previously. NICE!! The tanker "Spread My Wings"!

Doesn't it look like the tank was designed to hit the header? Note the TWO burn spots matching each pipe.

Standard angle of the tanker, but this installed on the IMS

I left the "pucks" that originally were on the IMS as part of the install for a bit of added security.

Fantastic product obviously developed by someone who has actually experienced the problems of these massive tanks. Not designed for bling, but for utility, and for a very niche market. Very stout, and very well made.

From a service standpoint, I assume that Hodakaguy isn't supporting himself making these gizmos; but response time and delivery outclass most operations that sell and ship stuff as a business. Thanks for doing this for us.

'Bus