Thread: The "TART"
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #23
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,568
Here is a little from the first two days. Not many pictures as I forgot my camera charger.......duh...

Charlie was nice enough to pick me up and haul down to Joe's in Ft. Smith and we slabbed it to Eldorado the first day.
Bikes unloaded at Joe's, Charlie checks with Joe's wife to be sure it's OK to high jack her Husband for a few days. Super nice lady.......Joe you married way over your head.......

Here we head out from Joe's place.

Lots of pavement but still was fun.

What a view I had too....

Little later we stopped to "delayer"

Joe said he had a place for lunch in Hot springs that was good so off we went, little did we know it was a long way over there..........we finally made it though and it was GREAT. Cajun Boilers Sorry I didn't get any pictures but the Gumbo was fantastic.

I had called ahead and found a nice dive that should work for three crusty biker dudes and we pulled into Eldorado late that afternoon to stay at the "Flamingo" motel. Turned out to be just right for $42/night tax included. Even included a "working girl" that hollered out as soon as she saw us walking across the parking lot. Sorry not interested. I ended up rooming pretty close to her, guess the clerk felt that would shut her up...and it did.
I know Joe and Charlie had many pictures to share too.

We ended up at Joe's room for a little friendly poker ......... (bastards) and I lost my roll of dimes and nickles faster than a Cat coming off a hot tin roof...... Oh well I figured on that and had a lighter load the next day.

Get up the next morning and it's a chilly but pretty day....then these two came out of their rooms ....not so purty.............

Joe had spotted a breakfast place and we hit it quick and were soon on our way.

Wasn't long until Charlie had us on some roads from hell ... logging roads that had bull dust up to your knees and not a spec of wind.....can you say dust....holly chit...we ended up spreading out quite a long way but the dust would just hang in the trees for ever it seemed like. Ran across this bad boy as I stopped to let some dust settle.

On we go and hit several of our planned roads that had gates across them ...hunting leases....and one that we said to heck with it and went around it.
Here Charlie gives it the ADV salute.......

No biggy...........

Then it's Joe's turn.

Me next and then on we go, but not before I tried my hand at catching a little color.

As it was I ended up cutting the trip short, had soaked up enough dust that I couldn't breath and headed back to Rogers. The trip has many stories within the story but everyone made it safe and sound and though not without some "adventures" it was great. Weather turned out fantastic.

Over & Out.
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote