View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #27
Gaston Gagne OP
Past Easy

Oddometer: 1,872
Leaving the campground Sunday morning. The owner of the campground scored a damaged windmill section. Summersville Lake will have its own lighthouse.

I made a quick sidetrip for some lake shots. This morning wasn't cold enough to get the fog.

No cowering from gunfire

DON'T speed on US 19 through Summersville.

Just north of Summersville, things get really good right away. Peach Orchard Road is as good as it gets.

I took a left somewhere out there. I thought I was on Beech Fork. It may have been Jim Young Fork. ??? Whatever it was, it was friggin great dual sporting.

Keep going downstream. The road and streambed are often the same.

That rock where my DRZ is resting has a patina of brown slime. I thought I would get tricky and ride over it, but it is slicker than ice. After busting my ass falling off the bike, I stood up and fell again.

I think I've found this intersection on Google Earth. Just up the hill is CR 28.

Pisgah Ridge

Any idea what this thing is? I want it for my yard.

Company for lunch

So this road out of Clay took me back to the above intersection. A loop! I went back up onto Pisgah Ridge but took a left this time. A right on a gravel track led me out on this ridge and then I dropped off the side.

mmmmmmmmmmm very soothing

I rode downstream on what I later learned was Leatherwood Creek. I could see WV 16 on the other side of the Elk. Some kayakers told me to go to the top of Leatherwood.

WV 16 to Belvy and then on up to Swiss.

Junkyard rapids. Run left to avoid being hit by falling refrigerators. Fortunately, that's not true any more.

The Gauley shuttle run was all that and a bag of chips on the dual sport.

Thanks for looking!

Gaston Gagne screwed with this post 10-30-2010 at 04:25 AM
Gaston Gagne is offline   Reply With Quote