View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #136
The Dude
Just Love To Ride

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marta-GS
Yeah!

Heidi (my GS) and I are leaving tomorrow!!!

We are based in Basel (North of Switzerland) and we have decided to spend our 2,5 weeks of holidays visiting Norway.

Our main goals for this trip are enjoying the Norwegian landscapes, seeing Musk oxes and trying to spot some White-tailed Eagles... Reaching Knivskjelloden (the real North Cape) would be a plus, but it's not a priority for us. :)

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to Lörrach (Germany) where I'm loading Heidi into a train that will bring us to Hamburg.

This is the first time I'm travelling by train with a motorbike. I wanted to make the most of this 2,5 weeks and, since the train is travelling during the night, it's a great way of getting extra time in Norway! And... I will skip 900Km of boring German motorway!

If everything happens as scheduled, Saturday morning I'll be in Hamburg and, from there, I'll be heading to Hirtshals (Northern coast of Denmark), where I want to take the late afternoon ferry to Kristiansand (Southern coast of Norway). Let's see how everything goes...

I'll try to keep you posted during the trip! In case I can't, this is the link to a blog I've created to keep my friends updated:

http://enjoyingtheworldontwowheels.blogspot.com/

And last but not least, a pic of the team :

Cheers,

Marta.

Enjoy your ride and by the way gorgeous both you and the bike!
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote