View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #29
rdwalker OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
What an awesome adventure! Thanks for the report and all those stunning pics
Hey, GB: thanks for the support (and for "sticky-fying" this thread).

Although this is not a "hardcore" adventure trip, of the sort where the rider fights the natives and dangerous animals, lives on berries and maggots, hacks his way through the jungle..., etc., etc., it may appeal to the inmates who travel on limited schedule and want to see and enjoy exotic locales, while still availing themselves of the spoils of civilization (cappuccino being a symbol of that in my mind).

It is always an Adventure, after all - and your ADV stickers did travel with us to Patagonia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doring
By the way, did you try the cappuccino in Napoli? I can't tell you a specific location (maybe Gambrinus) but most of the coffee is very good there, also pizza. I see that you are looking for the best cappuccino, I'm looking for the best espresso :), until now Napoli is the place. And if you go there you can enjoy Amalfi Coast as well.
I am ashamed to acknowledge this, but I never made it to Naples. My Italian adventures always took me to Milan and to the Italian Alps - great motorcycling venue, by the way.

Same story with your home base: come to think of it, I last time I was in Romania was over 30 years ago.

I think now it's time to rectify that: in near future, I should revisit Italy and go riding in your country. I understand that it is a great ADV destination.

I still remember the Turkish coffee I had in Bucharest, sold by street vendors out of little carts, prepared in copper cups buried in hot sand. Do they still have these?
rdwalker is offline   Reply With Quote