View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #20
MTrider16 OP
Ridin' in MT

Oddometer: 1,453
Wildman and Shoganai, thanks for stopping by. I enjoy seeing your smiling faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcz400
the containment on the bridge is to keep lead out of the river..
Yes, of course. But at what environmental cost, not to mention the $$$. Think about the fuel to run the bag filter, the glue and wood used in all the plywood, the plastic in the sheeting, and all the coal burned to provide the energy to make these materials. And to top it off, I would say about 20% of the paint had flaked off already, and you know the containment wasn't perfect. IMHO I would recommend just blasting the paint off, and go back on with a non-lead, low VOC alternative and realize that having people with modern conviniences in the area is going to have an effect on the environment. If there is too much lead in the river, these bridges are not the worst offenders.

Anyway, that is my opinion. That and $.50 will get you a cup of coffee.

Moving on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakota
How do you have the rotopax gas cans attached to the bike?
There are some brackets welded to my engine gaurds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUOK
Great report and pics, made a similar trip this summer, Top of the World washed out not long after I rode it. Lived in Miles City in the early 80's, traveled through Glendive many times. Looking forward to the rest of your trip.
So I can blame you for the road difficulties. Not many oregonians realize there is another 500 miles of Montana past Missoula.

David
Mountains, Moose, and Miles: a Montanan's Alcan Highway Story
Continental Divide and More: the "No Dust" Tour of WY and MT

MTrider16 screwed with this post 10-18-2010 at 10:21 PM
MTrider16 is offline   Reply With Quote