View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #190
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz
DISCLAIMER: My choice of exhaust is not better than any others, that's not what I'm saying.

Alright, now that that's out of the way.... I have the Leo Vince Carbon exhaust. It sticks out no further than the Akrapovic. Also, since the pipe is carbon fiber, it doesn't run anywhere near as hot as say aluminum, titanium, or steel. If heat affecting your bags and straps is your concern, go with carbon fiber, there's much less chance of things melting if contact is made. And remember, most aftermarket exhausts are oval, and most of them tuck in better than the huge stock can. That's not necessarily just an Akrapovic thing.
Alright, now that that's out of the way.... I have the Leo Vince Carbon exhaust. It sticks out no further than the Akrapovic. Also, since the pipe is carbon fiber, it doesn't run anywhere near as hot as say aluminum, titanium, or steel. If heat affecting your bags and straps is your concern, go with carbon fiber, there's much less chance of things melting if contact is made. And remember, most aftermarket exhausts are oval, and most of them tuck in better than the huge stock can. That's not necessarily just an Akrapovic thing.[/quote]

... Made me giggle....
Agree....... Any CF can will transmit by far less heat through the outer skin. This is a good point to bring Grizz. I would like to add to this .....I use Ortlieb QR`s on 2 of my dual sports...... Both have CF pipes.... One have the Leo Vince...the other.... I made my own CF pipe.... They are both mounted under 2 inches from the pipe.... And have not received any heat damage..............

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote