View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #33
Gaston Gagne OP
Past Easy

Oddometer: 1,961
Not a whole lot to report from Sunday. I loaded up the DRZ and dropped Layla off at the tailwaters.

Then I headed down to Woods Ferry and unloaded the bike. One of the bright spots of running shuttle in the morning is the light on this ridgeline.

I headed toward Lockwood and took the second left. More crazy overgrown double track. I kept making uphill turns until I came to a radio tower.

I came out at the coal operation on 39 between Drennen and Lockwood. The security guard was happy to let me out. A nice contrast to the coal people I ran into last summer in PA.

I get the inkling that flat black area used to have contour lines on top of it.

Right over the pass at Little Elk Mtn, I made a right through an open gate, hoping to find my way over to Twentymile. There is a way, but there is the tank trap of armageddon at the ridgeline. I rode more sweet wooded track back down to 39. Swiss --> Belva Up Twentymile to Vaughan and over the hill Lizemores as per TWVT. Nice run.

I wanted to do the Leatherwood loop, but I was running short of time. I confirmed that I was in fact on CR 28 last week. I did some dead end chasing at the top end of the Leatherwood loop. All dead ends.

Since I was running short on time, I slabbed it back to Summersville on CR 30.

Peach Orchard sweetness. This is one of the best roads out there.