View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,375
I started off by taking 276 over to one of my favorite twisty roads, 215. I drove up this road a few weeks ago in a cage and it reminded of what a great road it is......if you're on a bike. 215 was very scenic but also full of wet leaves until I got near the top so I had to take it easy. Then I picked up the pace briefly until hitting some fresh patching. When they patch roads around here they do a real crappy job and spread little bits of asphalt all over the place.

Crossing under the BRP I continued south. The whole road had been recently repaved here. I stopped for a pic.

The leaves seemed to be past their peak at this elevation. I was in the area two weeks ago and they were barely starting to change color.

As I rode along I saw a small sign that said National Forest 4663. I have been through here many times and never noticed this FS road. So I decided to explore. I pulled out my map and it looked like it should go through to Charlies Creek. It was a nice one lane dirt/gravel road that went back quite a ways and had several branches. Unfortunately I didn't find anything that went through. The branches all ended up at gates and the main road just ended. Here's a pic on the main road:

I went back to 215 then turned on to Charlies Creek. This is a great twisty paved road with lots of elevation changes to make it more exciting.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote