View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,740
More than anything else, it was the ride reports in this forum that really got my attention and made me become active on this forum. As much as I love reading some of the great ride reports, I enjoy the opportunity to meet and ride with fellow enthusiasts even more. I had never met Laura or Carmen before today. It was because of this forum that we were here today having a great ride together.

Before continuing the ride report, I'd like to Congratulate Carmen who just passed her boards for Physical Therapist the day prior .

I can't think of a better way to celebrate than to go for a ride on a perfect day like today.

The plan for after lunch was to backtrack for a ways then go through Smoky Mountain National Park. We started out following the plan. More scenic roads.

The kudzu was still bright green in contrast to all the trees.

Then I decided to go exploring and we ended up on a great narrow gravel road that got us back to where we wanted to go. Often when I go exploring, I end up having to backtrack. This time it worked out perfectly.

Then it was time for more exploring. We headed down a road I have been on before, but only from the other direction. I never knew the official name of the road, although we named it "Bob's Way" due to an incident involving someone named Bob. It turns out that there is a sign from this direction: FS289.

Here's Laura coming down the hill.

Carmen's bike somehow managed to pick up some dirt. I wonder how that happened

We stopped at the bottom of the hill to enjoy the scenery and take some pics.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote