View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #23
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff
Great run HillBilly. Love that Bike. I mean this as a compliment , it resembles the new Ducati Multistrada. I did a quick google map on Rt 72 looks like it would be a great ride. I could tear up some turns out there!? Hey give some good places to ride out there and where the good stops would be where all the locals go. restaurants and the like. Any special must see places most folks don't know about? Drop some good pics and lines anytime.

Thanks
Riff
The south end is very slow, twisty just a little wider than one lane for most of the ride. This is the section from Parsons south. Beautiful area, but you are going to average about 25 mph due to the road.
If you are OK with that it is a great ride.
North of Parsons to where the road meets Rt7 near Kingwood is faster, just as scenic and most of it runs next to the Cheat River.
Also goes right by my house in Rowlesburg

Best eats? Hmmm, South end would be to stop in Davis at Hellbender Burritos, Sirianni's or Hanna Lee Station in Thomas.
There is a WWII museum in the old school in Rowlesburg if you are interested.
North end of 72 is near the regular fast food places in Kingwood or Monroe's http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe...72560511461207 for real food.

Rt 72 also crosses US 50 right between Laurel and Cheat mountains, both of those are very twisty and fun. The section of 72 from Parsons to Rowlesburg is patrolled by the Tucker Co sheriff and WV state police, Trust me on this

At the bottom of Laurel Mtn on US 50 is Cool Springs park, a gas stop/ tourist trap/so-so food selling establishment that is very popular in the summer.
Rt38 going from Rt72 to 250 is a nice chunk of road too, be cautious of the dairy farm and cow crossing. Poop on pavement is slippery.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote