View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #52
tmex
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by stin987
Did you get your springs installed? It took me about 5-10 mins of trial and error thinking on how to install the springs without special tools. After I figured out the first spring I had the second one installed within minutes. I used a long strong flat head. Step 1: Install the center stand with the bike on the side stand and torque all bolts. Step 2: Carefully mount the bike onto the center stand and kick side stand up. Step 3: Install top section of the spring, then put the screw driver through the bottom section of the spring while prying the screw driver into the hole/slot where the spring will hook. (Difficult to explain). Then just pull/pry the screw driver down and it the spring down the screw drivers shaft at the same time with you hand or hammer. The last part is a little tricky just take a second screw driver and work the hook into the slot. Sounds difficult in writing but once figured out it is pretty easy.

If I had to install it again I could probaly do it in less than 10 minutes. Although I do work for a BMW dealership fixing cars for a living so it just comes natural. I am always finding a faster way of doing things.

Good luck to all.
Installed with no drama whatsoever, and I am no more than average when it comes to strength. There are so many springs on motorcycles that a spring tool is right up there with a chain breaker if you own a few bikes.