View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #37
Riff OP
Legend - In my Mind

Oddometer: 307
As promised "Deep Creek Lake" in McHenry, MD.

The Lake is located on RT 219 about 13 miles from RT 68 near Grantsvlle, MD

Yes it is a very picturesque place

Again this is only about a one hour drive from downtown Cumberland and there are several ways to get there. There always seems to be a time where freeway riding is necessary. Not so in this case. From Cumberland there are at least three different secondary road trips you can take that are made for the great two wheeled machine! It is almost due west from Cumberland, but elevation is the key issue. In the winter it could be raining in Cumberland, but by the time you get to Keyser's Ridge it could be a white out and a foot of snow on the ground! I am editing this as I post. I am uploading some pics even as I post so I have to post and edit. More in a min.

Ok the fist thing we notice is that by the color of the trees it was at different times.

Despite the sun and the warmth of the picture colors it was a cool day.

there is a lot of beauty to be found everywhere this is an old stump just out of frame to the right from the last picture.

Again in the midst of death there is new life a blooming right in the middle of this old dying stump.

Finally back to the lake gorgeous

I'm thinking to myself I am da man. I'm not one of those sisy warm weather riders. I....... what's that sound out on the lake?

John McEnroe says it best "YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS"! Believe me when I say it was a chill day out there and here he comes on his jet ski on the lake! Wow now there is someone who takes his sport seriously. I got to take it up a notch.

Ok I'm heading back to Cumberland Now! Big bad motorcycle man...... Legend in my own mind !

Riff screwed with this post 10-26-2010 at 11:30 PM
Riff is offline   Reply With Quote