View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 04:13 AM   #13
yamahaman OP
wannabe bike builder

Oddometer: 223
Thumb Tonights work

The main difference between the xt and the tt in the oil resivour. The xt is a lot heavier frame, the stearing head angle is raked out a lot more (road orientation) and the oil tank is in the frame. The tt has the oil tank under the seat and a steeper head angle (off road orientation). The xt is a heap heavier as well. (I also didnt quite have the guts to cut the frame up either)

SO I got home tonight and straight out to the shed to turn up the top bush for the fork adaption job

I have put nickel anti sieze on the sleeve so it doesn't jam into the frame fitted everything up and

The forks I am using are off a 2004 wr 250 They were damaged and I had them re-chromed and revalved by Chad Talbot

http://www.chadsoffroadsetups.com.au/

Once I have the rolling frame going I will get an over all weight and send the rear shock to get revalved by chad to suit the adventure nature of the bike

When he did my YZ it transformed the bike from being a bit unstable and wanting to defect off every thing, to giving me heaps of confidence to hit things harder and made the bike much more stable in the bush.

My crazy bike build
yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote