View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #138
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet)
Ha! You know I just did that - picked up the keys when I got back from the US at the beginning of this month!

Problem is, it's a real 'fixer-upper' as you guys say... it needs totally rewiring and replumbing, and most of the rooms plastering too... never mind the work required outside to get it looking good again...

In between sorting the WR and all my Dakar prep, I've made a start on the place - most of this week I've in a sleeping bag on an air mattress, in the freezing cold (no heating in the place), and breathing in dust from all the demolition work... still, all good Dakar training eh?!

As for help with the incidentals - thank you for your generous offer, I may well be tapping you guys up for stuff like that!

In the meantime, I must just say that this evening I got confirmation from the UK distributor for GPR steering dampers (which as you may well be aware is my brand of choice as fitted to the Tenere, and the XR650R before that), that they are going to help out with a damper kit for the WR... pics and details to follow once it's all fitted up!

J x
Great news on the sponsorship! And the house! And your good spirits!!
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote