View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #141
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42
Very glad to hear that Yamaha is helping you out a bit. They should since you certainly are helping them sell bikes through your build-up threads. I know that had some effect on why I went for a WR250F for my enduro bike!
Yes - Yamaha UK have been very supportive of my various projects, including the Tenere for Heroes-Legend last year... I was all set to buy a new one at discount (having tested all the modifications on my original bike) when I realized that my existing bike was still good as new, despite having spent 6 months and 23,000 miles in the USA...

Certainly those exploits have inspired others to try/buy the Tenere, and there are quite a few being modified in a similar way now with WP forks (and 18" rear wheels - Talon tell me they have sold a number now based on my original prototype) - in fact a friend of mine Bernard prepped his Tenere in a similar fashion and is racing Heroes-Legend this year as we speak!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630054

As for the WR, obviously it helps that I also have an editorial outlet through TBM, so Yamaha will get additional publicity that way over the next few months, but I like to think I already have a good relationship with them, and hope that will continue into next season!

J x
JMo (& piglet) is online now   Reply With Quote