View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #52
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,905
I took a blast up Cheat Mtn on Rt 50 this afternoon, temp dropped 10 degrees from bottom to top. Tires were cold and not very sticky, had a scary moment or two then slowed my ass down
Didn't have time for a long ride, so just up the mountain and then home. Just wanted to hear the bike run really.
I am very familiar with the stretch of road running from I68 to the PA Turnpike, have made many, many trips across it. Not a bad time at 25 minutes, think it took me 45 minutes last winter driving by Braille (between the rumble strips) beautiful chunk of road there. Tho it is a bit straight for my taste

I have some pictures of our drive home from Seattle that would change anyone's mind about a cruise. I would love to take a trip west and do some riding.

Chicago in the winter is not fun, and I work outside. Really outside, no cab on the machine I run so rain, snow or heat I'm in it. I am paid well enough to keep doing it, and the bright side is I'm slated to go to Florida in late Jan or so. Good time to go to FL if ya ask me.
After being there a couple times I don't know if I will take a motorcycle or not. Worked there before and thought I would get to bicycle a lot thru what is my typical off season.
Between the really old, really blind old folks and the folks who think anything on two wheels is a target I think I'll leave the bikes at home this trip.
Besides, the roads are straight there and what fun is that?
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote