View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 01:44 AM   #144
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfez
forgive my ignorance but what is TBM?
Hey Monkey' - don't worry, I thought I'd mentioned it before (it's probably buried somewhere in this thread) - TBM is "Trail Bike Magazine" - a UK dirt bike magazine (if you hadn't guessed by the title x) that I write for on a freelance basis... It is also available in the US, typically through Barnes & Noble, normally a month after the UK cover date.

In the past they have run series about my two trips to the US, traveling in Europe & Morocco, and most recently (August 2010 issue, with a Husaberg on the cover) has my story from the Heroes-Legend (Paris-Dakar) Rally on the Tenere last year...

If you have more money than sense, and want to order back-issues:

April/May/June 2008 issues feature my first trip around the Western US on an XR650R I bought and prepped there.

Nov/Dec '08/Jan '09 is my trip around Europe & Morocco on the XR650R (having shipped it back home from the US).

Dec 2009 has a feature about the build of my Rally Tenere (I didn't write this one, the editor interviewed me about it).

Jan/Feb/Mar 2010 is my series about taking the Tenere across the USA and back (including the TAT, Moab, Rubicon, Death Valley, Gulf coast, Daytona, Deal's Gap etc)

And Aug 2010 has the feature about the Tenere on Heroes-Legend last year...

You can order back issues through their website: trailbikemag.com

J x

ps. if you really want to go back in time, get hold of the Jan '07 issue, which has the first feature I wrote for them - about a friend and I taking two bikes and a Range Rover Sport to Morocco - some excellent photos in that one x

JMo (& piglet) screwed with this post 10-31-2010 at 02:23 AM
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote