View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 03:38 AM   #17
yamahaman OP
wannabe bike builder

Oddometer: 223
Laugh The Long weekend works on the bike

This is the melbourne cup weekend and we have four days off, so i had a full day to work on the bike today .

First up was the front end this was quite easy all I had to do was fit the actuator arm mount for the damper arm and the new steering stop as the one that was there broke off really easily when I was playing around so it had to be replaced.

The next step was the shock top mounts where there was a bit of cutting and grinding to make them identical and ensure the holes are centralised. Turns out the gap between the new plates are the same width as the shock top pivot so no need to machine any bushes.

I have just used a set of vice grips to hold the subframe in place.
I have to copied the mounting points from the same model that it came off in relation to the top shock (07 wr 450/250) I also stole the seat off the bike to be copied, so I can get all of the alignment.

The only thing I missed was the lower linkage mount I tacked it together and then proceeded to leave it at work on the welding bench! oh well, I will have to do it on tuesday

I am amazed the bike just seemed to fall together today so lets hope my good fortune continues through the rest of the build

My crazy bike build
yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote