View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
101N
peccavi

Oddometer: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_rev
OK, I'm ready with the asbestos suit for this one

But, seriously, I've never known Rossi complain so much as in the last season or so.

For example, last week in Estoril he says Lorenzo has better grip, better power, and 'the 8 second gap is not real'. He bigs up Simoncelli, plays that dumb '46 wins' placard at the race before, and all-in-all looks like a racer who cannot admit his own mistakes.

When he lost a few races on the 'wrong' tyres (the Michelin/Bridgestone years), he said MotoGP was not a tyre championship, but now says his one-make tyres are somehow lesser versions that the ones his rivals use.

Puh-lease Vale.

Why don't you post this on motomatters.com.
Here's a further take; my 12-year old son has no real idea who Rossi is, but he's watched Lorenzo for two-plus seasons. My son has seen '300' and knows why Lorenzo wears a spartan-scarlet boot and a hoplite insignia on his x-lite helmet. In short, my son, with no interest in historical winners or marketing stars, roots for Jorge.

As do I

Rossi is a geat great champion, but it's time he at least admitted when he's beaten in a race, and not fall into the Biaggi trap of blaming everyone but himself. Rossi's legacy is way better than that, no?
Why don't you go post this on motomatters.com or speedzilla.com. Better venues for you.

"Why don't you post this on motomatters.com.
Here's a further take; my 12-year old son has no real idea who Rossi is, but he's watched Lorenzo for two-plus seasons. My son has seen '300' and knows why Lorenzo wears a spartan-scarlet boot and a hoplite insignia on his x-lite helmet. In short, my son, with no interest in historical winners or marketing stars, roots for Jorge."

As I said those other venues are better for 12-year olds.

101N screwed with this post 11-04-2010 at 07:26 PM
101N is offline   Reply With Quote